Day 1 NAIROBI TO MOSHI
The tour leaves Nairobi from the Parkside Hotels, where you will catch the Nairobi to Moshi express bus, this is a public shuttle service.You are asked to meet at Parksides Hotel at 7.00am sharp!. The journey to Moshi takes between 6 and 7 hours, including the stop at the border.On arrival at the Hotel in Moshi you will be met by a Kilimanjaro Climb representative who will run through all pre-climb details. Overnight stay, at a hotel. NB Money changing facilities in Moshi are limited. ATM’s are available and accept Visa card, but not Mastercard.
DAY 2: KILIMANJARO NATIONAL PARK GATE TO MANDARA HUT
After breakfast and briefing, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (45 minutes), register and commence the climb. Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. In the rainforest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys.
DAY 3.MANDARA HUT TO HOROMBO HUT
You leave the glades of the rainforest and follow an ascending path on the open moorlands to the Horombo encampment. Views of Mawenzi and the summit of Kibo are amazing. Look for giant lobelias and grounsels. You may begin to feel the effects of the altitude.
DAY 4.HOROMBO HUT TO KIBO HUT
Ascending, we now pass the last watering point, walking onto the saddle of Kilimanjaro between the peaks of Kibo and Mawenzi. Vegetation begins with upper heathland but then disappears into “moonscape”. Dinner, rest, and prepare for summit climb.
DAY 5.KIBO HUT TO SUMMIT THEN HOROMBO HUT
Very early in the morning (midnight to 2am), commence the climb to the summit on steep and heavy scree or snow up to Gilman’s point located on the crater rim. Continuing, we now ascend to Uhuru Peak, which is the highest point in Africa.From here we descend, stopping for lunch and a rest at Kibo before continuing on to the Horombo encampment. The beginning of this climb is done in the dark and requires headlamps or flashlights.
DAY 6.HOROMBO HUT TO MOSHI
After breakfast, a steady descent takes us down through moorland to the Mandara Hut. Continue descending through lush forest path to the National Park gate at Marangu. At lower elevations, it can be wet and muddy. Gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and t-shirts will probably be plenty to wear (keep rain gear and warmer clothing handy). Dont forget to tip your guides and porters. It is time for celebration!
Day 7.MOSHI TO NAIROBI
Check out from the hotel and head back to Nairobi.
Nairobi park side hotel near Jevanjee gardens or preferred location within Nairobi.
DEPARTURE TIME 7:00 AM
DURATION 5-7 days Return Details nairobi
Tanzanian Visa can be obtained on arrival at Namanga border point; the cost is USD 50.00 for Non- East African Residents except for the US citizens which is USD. 100
Yellow Fever Certificate
Ensure you have a valid Yellow fever certificate & covid-19 certificate.
Water on the trail
We usually source from the streams on the trail, kindly carry some water purifier tablet.
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- 2-night accommodation in Moshi town: before the first and the final hiking day ·
- Arrival and departure airport transfers ·
- High-quality 4-season camping equipment ·
- Experienced and professional mountain guides ·
- All park fees and rescue fees
- · All large-portioned, nutritious food and purified drinking water on the mountain
- · Guides, porters and cook salaries
- · Pulse Oximeter for daily health check
- · Crisis management and safety procedures
- · Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- · Beds (for luxury tours)
- International Flights & Visa & Insurance
- · Tips to porters and guides (customary and much appreciated)
- · Meals while in Moshi town
- · Items considered to be non-essential, such as alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, snacks, etc.
- · Optional Tours (for example, short safaris after your climb or Moshi day tour, etc.)
- · Oxygen tanks (included in luxury tours – can be rented in budget and standard tour)
- ·Portable toilets (included in standard & luxury tours – can be rented in budget tours)